Full Specifications and Features
Full Specifications and Features
Size & Weight
- Dimensions (W x H x D)
- 92.47 x 21.83 x 49.37 cm (with side covers)
- Approx. 35 kg (77 lb) (without side and top covers)
What's In The Box
- Remote control RM-PJ28 (1)
- Size AA (R6) manganese batteries (2)
- AC power cord (1)
- Plug holder (1)
- Top cover (1)
- Side covers (2)
- Straps for side covers (2)
- Rivets for side covers (2)
- Cleaning cloth (1)
- Quick Reference Manual (this manual) (1)
- Safety Regulations (1)
- Operating Instructions (CD-ROM) (1)
- Display System
- 4K SXRD™ panel, projection system
- Accepted digital signals *1
- VGA, SVGA, XGA, WXGA (1280 x 768), Quad-VGA, SXGA, 720 x 480/60p, 720 x 576/50p, 1280 x 720/50p, 1280 x 720/60p, 1920 x 1080/50i, 1920 x 1080/60i, 1920 x 1080/24p, 1920 x 1080/50p, 1920 x 1080/60p, 3840 x 2160/24p, 3840 x 2160/25p, 3840 x 2160/30p, 3840 x 2160/50p, 3840 x 2160/60p, 4096 x 2160/24p, 4096 x 2160/25p, 4096 x 2160/30p, 4096 x 2160/50p, 4096 x 2160/60p
- Light source
- Laser diode
- Display Resolution
- Up to 12 bit via HDMI
- Contrast ratio
- ∞:1 (Dynamic Contrast)
- Effective display size
- 0.74” x 3
- Effective pixels
- 26,542,080 (4096 x 2160 x 3) pixels
- Projection lens shift
- Powered, Vertical: ±6 % Horizontal: ±3 %
- Screen size
- 203 cm to 305 cm (80 in to 120 in)
- Projection lens zoom / focus
- Powered (Approx. x 1.02) / Powered
- Input and Output Terminals
- HDMI (HDCP 2.2) - x 4, IR IN – mini jack, LAN – RJ45, 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX, REMOTE – RS-232C, D-sub 9-pin, TRIGGER – mini jack, DC 12 V, Max. 100 mA, USB – Type A, DC 5 V, Max. 500 mA
- Operating temperature / humidity
- 5 °C to 35 °C (41 °F to 95 °F) / 20% to 80% (no condensation)
- Storage temperature / humidity
- -10 °C to +60 °C (14 °F to 140 °F) / 20% to 80% (no condensation)
- Acoustic noise
- 24 dB (max.)
- Power requirement
- AC 100 V to 240 V, 4.2 A to 1.8 A, 50/60 Hz
- Power consumption
- 435 W
- Light Output
- 2,500 lm (Lamp mode: High)
- Color Light Output
- 2,500 lm (Lamp mode: High)
Eco and energy saving
- Power Consumption (Standby Mode)
- 0.5 W (when 'Remote Start' is set to 'Off')
- Power Consumption (Networked Standby Mode) – Terminals
- 0.6 W (When a LAN terminal is not connected, it becomes a low power consumption mode [0.5 W])
- Standby Mode Activated
- After about 10 Minutes
- 1: 60p, 30p, 24p include 59.94/60 Hz, 29.97 Hz/30 Hz, 23.98 Hz/24 Hz
Native 4K resolution for lifelike pictures
With more than four times the resolution of Full HD, native 4K offers 8.8 million pixels (4096 x 2160) for a picture that’s so incredibly lifelike, it’s like looking at the real thing. This is the same resolution defined by Digital Cinema Initiatives for cinema distribution, with pixels one quarter the size of those used by traditional Full HD 1080p projectors. See corner-to-corner clarity and watch movies from much closer than you would in Full HD.
Ultra-short throw distance for flexible installation
The VPL-VZ1000ES has been designed with flexible installation in mind. Place the projector right next to a wall and you'll enjoy a beautiful 203 cm (80 in) display; move the projector 21 cm away from the wall and this screen size increases to a huge 304.8 cm (120 in). So whether it's placed on the floor, mounted on the ceiling or used for rear projection, you can be sure that you'll always see the big picture.
2,500 lumens for spectacular brightness
Savour the action with an incredible 2,500-lumen brightness, for high contrast across the screen. A highly efficient Z-Phosphor laser light generates the brightness required for vibrant images across the whole screen.
High dynamic contrast for stunning realism
The VPL-VZ1000ES's SXRD™ panels and laser bulb help the projector achieve a high dynamic contrast. This means that the full colour spectrum—from deep, inky blacks through to vibrant reds, blues and greens—is replicated with fine detail and realism, making every scene spring to life for truly immersive cinematic experience.
Reality Creation upscales your favourites
Upscale your existing Blu-ray Disc™ and DVD movies to near 4K-quality. The super-resolution Reality Creation 4K upscaler analyses every pixel in any direction, then employs a digital signal processing algorithm to map pixels against an ever-evolving picture patterning database, compiled from over 10 years of expertise, to enhance colours, contrast, and textures.
4K SXRD™: Our most advanced projection technology
Our advanced SXRD™ (Silicon X-tal Reflective Display) system features an ultra-fast response rate of 2.5 milliseconds for clear, blur-free images. The panels also minimize the space between the pixels—a feat not achieved by comparable projection technologies—allowing our projectors to deliver smoother images. Additionally, the decision to include three SXRD™ panels means this projector can display each primary colour simultaneously — and with light passing through each panel twice, this allows exceptionally deep blacks to be reproduced for a more powerful viewing experience.
Watch for longer with a Z-Phosphor laser light
Inside the VPL-VZ1000ES is an ultra-pure, reliable Z-Phosphor laser light source. You'll enjoy perfectly clear 4K pictures plus up to 20,000 hours of uninterrupted operation, with no lamp replacement or virtually zero maintenance.
Action stays smooth with Motionflow™
Whatever you're watching, you'll enjoy a silk-smooth on-screen look in fast-moving action sequences with Motionflow. This innovative technology creates and inserts extra frames between the original frames, by first comparing key visual factors on successive frames, then calculating the split second of missing action in the sequences. True Cinema 24p mode mimics true movie projection for cinema purists.
HDR compatibility: every image comes to life
Combined with 4K native resolution and a wider colour gamut, HDR video content delivers unprecedented detail, colour and contrast, with a far wider range of brightness than other video formats. The result is a picture with lifelike realism, brilliant highlights and fine detail. HDR content is available from selected streaming services and the upcoming 4K Ultra-HD Blu-ray™ format.
Built-in 3D transmitter synchronises entertainment
Start watching 3D movies quicker. An industry-standard RF 3D transmitter synchronizes the supplied glasses with your projector for a quick, easy set-up. Upscale 2D films to 3D and enjoy classic movies in a whole new dimension.
Colours come alive with TRILUMINOS™
Discover true-to-life colours and tones. The VPL-VZ1000ES incorporates TRILUMINOS™ colour, reproducing more tones and textures than a standard projector system. Hard-to-reproduce crimson reds, aqua blues and emerald greens are displayed beautifully, so landscapes and seascapes look more vivid. Faces look better too, with skin tones being more faithfully reproduced.
Fits any room
Neat and compact, this is a projector that’s ready for rooms of any size. Bring immersive 4K entertainment to places where projection may not previously have been possible.
Select from nine picture calibration modes
Quickly calibrate the picture to what you're watching or playing. Select from nine picture calibration modes, including two cinema film modes, cinema digital, reference, TV, photo, game, bright cinema and bright TV. An advanced HSV manual colour tuning tool gives you even more control.
Future-proofed support for the latest HDMI standards
The VPL-VZ1000ES can project native 4K content at up to 60 frames per second, for even smoother images with superior colour and realism. Support for HDCP 2.2 lets you enjoy the latest 4K movies and TV shows.
Don't keep your audience waiting for the show to begin. With quick start and laser light source technology, you're ready to start projection right after switch-on.
Flexible home installation
Installing this projector in your room is easy thanks to a short throw distance, compact body and simple ventilation. Fine-tune the position of your projector with lens shift and zoom, to get just the right angle.