Full Specifications and Features
Full Specifications and Features
- Number of Amp. Channels
- Number of Decodable Channels
- 9ch + Phantom 2ch
- Power Output
- 105 W + 105 W (8 ohms, 1 kHz, 2ch, THD 0.9%)
- Sound Field
- 2ch Stereo, Direct, Dolby® Surround, Multi Stereo, Neural: X
- HDMI® Pass Through
- Audio Return Channel
- Yes (eARC / ARC)
- HDMI® Pass Through
- 3D over HDMI
- 4K 60p 4:4:4 Support
- Yes (Except for Front HDMI input)
- A/V SYNC
- Yes (Variable)
- BRAVIA® SYNC™ (CEC Control)
- Yes (One-Touch Play, System Audio Control, System Power Off)
- Sound Enhancement Technologies
- Centre Speaker Lift Up, Digital Legato Linear, In-Ceiling Speaker Mode, Pure Direct, Sound Optimizer
Auto Speaker Calibration
- Calibration Features
- D.C.A.C. EX, Speaker Relocation, Phantom Surround Back, Automatic Phase Matching, Calibration Mic (Stereo)
- Yes / Yes
- Preset Channel (Sirius/XM/FM/AM)
- TTL60 (30 / 30)
- HDMI supporting HDCP2.2 In/Out
- 6 / 2
- Input and Output Terminals
- Audio Input Opt (2); Audio Input Coax (1); Analogue Audio Input (4); Pre Out Subwoofer (2); Component Video Input (2 Assignable); Composite Video Input (2); Composite Monitor Out (1); USB (1 Front); Ethernet Port (1 (0))
- Speaker Output Terminals
- Front A, Centre, Surround, Surround Back, Zone 2 (Common with Surround Back), Height (Common with Surround Back), Front B (Common with Surround Back), Bi-AMP (Common with Surround Back)
Decoding Format for HDMI
- Decoding Format for HDMI
- Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital, Dolby Dual Mono, DSD, DTS, DTS-ES (Matrix6.1 / Discrete6.1), DTS 96 / 24, DTS:X, DTS HD HR, DTS HD MA,
Custom Install & Control Features
- Zone2 Audio
- Speaker (Variable) / Line (Variable, Fixed)
- HDMI Zone
- IR Repeat (In/Out)
- Yes (1 / 2)
- Auto Standby
- GUI (Graphical User Interface)
- YES (Only through HDMI)
- Power Requirement
- 120V 60Hz
Size & Weight
- Dimensions (W x H x D mm)
- 430 x 174 x 410
- Weight (kg)
7.2 channels for deeply immersive surround sound
Lose yourself in every soundtrack thanks to 7.2 channels of room-filling surround sound, with 105 W of power per channel. You can connect up to two active subwoofers for even bass distribution around the room. So whether you're watching movies, playing games or listening to your favourite songs, you'll enjoy a next-level entertainment experience.
7.1.4-channel surround immersion with Phantom Surround Back
Defy space restrictions and experience full 7-channel surround sound, including 4 overhead speakers, with the Phantom Surround Back speaker setting. It simulates the audio experience of physical surround back speakers.
Atmos treats sounds as separate objects, releasing them from typical channels to move freely around and even above you, for deeply immersive surround sound.
DTS:X can create an unlimited number of audio objects which adapt to your speakers in real time, to get the biggest impact out of every movie soundtrack.
Seamless auto calibration
DCAC EX uses a stereo mic to measure speaker positioning down to the nearest centimetre, before automatically adjusting frequencies, phase and delays for better sound positioning. It then tunes your speakers using a 31-band EQ, for a listening experience that's tailored to your room.
In-ceiling speaker mode
Easily configured during setup, In-ceiling mode relocates front speaker audio so dialogue sounds as if it's coming from the screen, instead of from above.
6 x HDMI inputs, 2 x HDMI outputs
Bring all your home cinema together. With 6 HDMI inputs you can connect an Internet TV box, Blu-ray Disc™ player and games console all at once, and still have room to expand.
Enjoy consistent 4K content
Maintain 4K quality from source to screen—the 4K pass-through feature allows data to pass through the receiver without compromising image quality, and is HDCP 2.2 compatible.
See more detail with 4K upscale
Video upscaling gives you higher quality and more visible detail, so you can see more detail in everything.
See clearly with HDR (High Dynamic Range)
By supporting HDR signal pass-through, you can enjoy the incredible jump in image contrast and brightness it brings — and the additional shadow detail and highlights further enhance picture detail and bring colours to life. Latest HDR standard such as HDR10, HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) and Dolby Vision ™ are supported.
Connect multiple remotes
Discrete IR codes let you connect multiple third-party and independent remotes, for easy and versatile control.
Web browser configurable
View, program and edit your receiver settings from your computer, smartphone or tablet. Just enter the receiver's IP address into your browser.
Remote monitoring with Ihiji
Make your installer more efficient with Ihiji, a cloud-based service which monitors your receiver's power status, temperature and more.
Music Connect allows Z-series AV receivers to slave to the HAP-Z1ES Hi-Res Audio player and other networked music players. So you can combine the power of an ES-grade multichannel sound system with the flexibility of today's wireless multi-zone music systems.
Simple control with a Graphic User Interface
Easily set up your receiver and navigate settings from the home menu. Control what you watch, see which devices are connected and choose how you want to listen with pre-set sound modes.
Class-leading high-purity pre-amplifier
The new pre-amp goes way beyond other receivers in this class for optimum High-Resolution Audio delivery. A single-point ground and independent power supply promotes purer sound with less interference.
For greater stability and output power a glass-epoxy circuit board is used. Unlike cheaper resin boards, internal vibrations are reduced for less distortion, just clear high power from each of the discrete amplifiers.
Heat sink design
Newly designed fins maximize air intake, helping the amplifier circuit withstand high sound pressure and keep cool.
Frame and beam chassis
The STR-ZA series chassis uses a frame and beam design with all four corners embossed to better support the power transformer and heat sink. This minimizes external sound pressure so audio is more focused, responsive and powerful.