Full Specifications and Features
Size & Weight
- Dimensions (approx. W x H x D)
- 50.3 × 14 × 118.7 mm (body only)
- Weights (approx.)
- 95 g
- USB 3.1 Gen 2
- Port for USB device connection
- USB Type-C x 1, USB Standard-A x 1
- Port for host PC connection
- USB Type-C
- Port for USB Power Delivery input
- USB Type-C
- Port for 4K monitor output
- For SD memory card
- SD slot
- For microSD memory card
- microSD slot
- Compatible Memory Cards
- SDXC/microSDXC/SDHC/microSDHC UHS-II memory cards, SDXC/microSDXC/SDHC/microSDHC UHS-I memory cards, SDXC/microSDXC/SDHC/microSDHC/SD/microSD memory cards
- Power Supply
- Up to DC 20 V 5 A (100 W) from USB PD IN (the USB PD AC adapter is optional. A 35 W or above USB PD AC adapter is recommended.)
- Transfer Speed (Read)
- up to 1000 MB/s (USB 3.1 Gen 2 connection), up to 300 MB/s (SD/microSD UHS-II memory cards)
- USB Bus Power Output
- USB Type-C port: up to 15 W (5 V, 3 A), USB Standard-A port: up to 12 W (5 V, 2.4 A)
- Operating Temperature Range
- +5 ~ +40℃ (Non-condensing)
- Supported OS
- OS X 10.11 or later, Windows 7 or later (32 bit/64 bit)
- 1 year
What's In The Box
- USB Type-C to USB Type-C cable for PC connection (USB 3.1 Gen 2 and USB PD 3.0 compliant with eMarker embedded, 14 cm) x 1, Set of printed documentation
The fastest UHS-II SD/microSD reader for the shortest transfer times
With speeds up to 300 MB/s, the UHS-II SD and microSD card reader on the MRW-S3 offers the fastest way to ingest and copy high-res photos and videos shot with UHS-II supported cameras. At the end of a long day's shoot, this can save you significant time backing-up your work and enables you to review, edit and share your images that much sooner.
The fastest USB hub
USB hubs don't come any quicker than the MRW-S3. Supporting USB 3.1 Gen 2, it offers transfer speeds up to 1000 MB/s — so you can not only use UHS-II cards like the SF-G series, with speeds up to 300 MB/s, but also other card readers such as XQD and CFexpress. And you can make the most of high speed USB external SSD (Solid State Drive) storage devices for rapid back-ups too.
100-W USB power delivery for stable supply
Compliant with USB PD AC adapters of up to 100 W, the MRW-S3 ensures a stable and reliable power supply from your USB PD-compatible AC adapter to all connected devices (to USB Type-C™ and USB Standard-A port). For professional photographers and videographers, this means they can concentrate on their workflow without worrying about sudden disconnections due to insufficient power supply. A USB PD AC adapter of 35 W or above is recommended.
USB power level indicators
The MRW-S3 has power level indicators for both its USB-A and USB-C ports — so you'll know if there's enough power available for a stable, reliable connection before connecting your USB devices. If the LED indicator lights up continuously, the USB port is ready at maximum supply level. A flashing LED means there's enough power for conventional USB devices but nothing with high power consumption. And if the LED is off, you can only connect self-powered USB devices.
Detachable USB-C to USB-C cable
USB hubs with a permanently attached USB-C cable are not only awkward to carry, but the point where the cable connects to the body can also become damaged over time. So the MRW-S3 has a detachable USB-C to USB-C cable, keeping cable wear and tear to a minimum and enabling your USB hub to pack down slim when it's not in use. This short cable can also be used for regular USB 3.1 Gen 2 device connections or as a connecting cable for a USB PD AC adapter up to 100 W thanks to its embedded eMarker.
4K 30fps capable HDMI output
No HDMI output on your laptop or PC? No problem. The MRW-S3 includes an HDMI output capable with an output up to 4K 30fps, enabling you to review and edit your work on a TV or monitor quickly and easily. And, for laptops with limited ports, it spares you having to carry an extra dongle and frees up another of your precious USB-C ports.
Stylish and durable aluminum body with wave surface
The durable brushed aluminum finish keeps scratches and fingerprints to a minimum. Meanwhile, the tactile wave surface offers a secure grip, making it easier to handle when you're regularly connecting and disconnecting devices and cables throughout the day.
Compact and lightweight
The MRW-S3 measures just 118.7 x 50.3 x 14 mm and weighs a mere 95 g — making it easy to carry when you're shooting on location.