Full Specifications and Features
Full Specifications and Features
Size & Weight
- Approx. 275 g
- Headphone Type
- Closed, dynamic
- Driver Unit
- 40 mm, dome type (CCAW Voice Coil)
- Impedance (Ohm)
- 46 ohm (1 kHz) (when connecting via the headphone cable with the unit turned on), 14 ohm (1 kHz) (when connecting via the headphone cable with the unit turned off)
- Aluminum coated LCP
- Frequency Response
- 4 Hz-40,000 Hz
- Frequency Response (Active Operation)
- 4–40,000 Hz
- Frequency Response (Bluetooth® Communication)
- 20–20,000 Hz (44.1 kHz sampling)/20–40,000 Hz (LDAC 96 kHz sampling, 990 kbps)
- Sensitivities (dB/mW)
- 103 dB/mW (1 kHz) (when connecting via the headphone cable with the unit turned on), 98 dB/mW (1 kHz) (when connecting via the headphone cable with the unit turned off)
- Volume Control
- Touch Sensor
- Cord Type
- Single-sided (detachable)
- Cord Length
- Headphone cable (approx. 1.5 m, OFC strands, gold-plated stereo mini plug)
- Gold-plated L-shaped stereo mini plug
- Micro USB, stereo mini jack
- Wearing Style
- DSEE HX
- S-Master HX
- Passive Operation
- Battery Charge Time
- Approx. 4 hrs
- Battery Charge Method
- Battery Life (continuous music playback time)
- Max. 30 hrs (NC ON), Max. 38 hrs (NC OFF)
- Battery Life (Waiting Time)
- Max. 40 hrs (NC ON), Max. 200 hrs (NC OFF)
- Bluetooth® version
- Version 4.1
- Effective Range
- Line of sight approx. 10 m (30 ft)
- Frequency Range
- 2.4GHz band
- A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, HSP
- Supported Audio Format(s)
- SBC, AAC, aptX, aptX HD, LDAC
- Supported Content Protection
- Noise Cancelling ON/OFF Switch
- Automatic AI Noise Cancelling
- Personal NC Optimizer
- Atmospheric Pressure Optimizing
- Ambient Sound Mode
- Quick Attention
What's In The Box
- Carry case; Adapter plug for in-flight use; Headphone cable (approx. 1.5 m, OFC strands, gold-plated stereo mini plug); USB Cable
Hear what you want, the way you want
No hassle, no difficult settings, just industry-leading noise cancellation tailored for you and your life.
Noise cancellation personalised
Personal Optimizing analyses personal characteristics like head size, glasses and hair, then optimizes sound to you.
Noise cancelling made to fly
Atmospheric Pressure Optimizing delivers optimal sound at high altitude, so you can enjoy noise cancelling at its best when you fly.
Wireless freedom with no noise
Stream your music and listen free from wires and noise.
Smart Listening by Adaptive Sound Control automatically adjusts to whatever you do
Smart Listening by Adaptive Sound Control automatically detects your activity such as travelling, walking and waiting, then adjusts ambient sound settings to you. You can customize them to your preferences with the Sony | Headphones Connect app.
Tailor sound to you
SENSE ENGINE gives you the power to tune in and out of your music at a touch.
Sony | Headphones Connect for Android
Download the Android APP to use Smart Listening by Adaptive Sound Control, control your ambient sound settings and adjust the sound levels with the Equalizer.
Sony | Headphones Connect for iOS
Download the iOS APP to use Smart Listening by Adaptive Sound Control, control your ambient sound settings and adjust the sound levels with the Equalizer.
Hear what’s important with Ambient Sound control
Adjust Ambient Sound with the Sony | Headphones Connect app to hear essential sounds when you’re listening on the move.
Talk at a touch with Quick Attention
Communicate without taking your headphones off. Place your hand over the housing to turn the volume down for instant conversation.
Virtual surround sound
Feel immersed in sound wherever you are. Experience audio optimised for different listening environments including outdoor stages, clubs, halls and arenas.
Find your perfect sound tone for every song from the presets, easily customizable to your preference with the Sony | Headphones Connect app. Available from October 2017.
Sound Position Control
Choose the direction you want the sound to come from, just as you can with a wireless speaker.
Truly authentic sound
Hear music that stays true to the original recording with High-Resolution Audio. Optimized for High-Resolution Audio, S-Master HX™ reduces distortion and allows you to enjoy all the subtleties in your music. These headphones also include a powerful 40 mm driver with a liquid crystal polymer (LCP) diaphragm for handling heavy beats and can reproduce a full range of frequencies up to 40 kHz.
Restore all your compressed files
Digital Sound Enhancement Engine HX (DSEE HXTM) upscales compressed digital music files, bringing them closer to the quality of High-Resolution Audio. By restoring the high-range sound lost in compression, DSEE HXTM produces your digital music files in rich, clear sound.
Wireless streaming at its best
LDAC transmits approximately three times more data (at a maximum transfer rate of 990 kbps) than conventional Bluetooth® wireless audio, which allows you to enjoy High-Resolution Audio content in exceptional sound quality close to High Resolution Audio.
All day power and quick charging
Keep the music playing with long battery life and quick charging, giving 70 minutes of play after just 10 minutes of charge.
Hands-free calling with a double tap
Conversation flows freely with easy, hands-free calling. Leave your phone where it is, just speak with a double tap.
Control at your fingertip
Change the track, turn the volume up or down and take or make calls by tapping or swiping the panel with your fingertip.
Carry case with cable
Swivel designed earcups fold neatly into the carry case along with the cable for easy storage.
Aeroplane adapter plug
Be travel-ready. Plug the cable jack into the aeroplane adapter plug for easy in-flight listening.
Wired High-Resolution Audio listening
Use the supplied cable for uninterrupted truly High-Resolution Audio and noise cancelling for up to 13 hours.