α9 35mm full frame mirrorless camera with CMOS sensor
α9 Photo gallery
A new dimension of photographic speed
A game-changing image sensor from Sony makes conventional camera mechanisms redundant, achieving speed and performance that are beyond the capabilities of mechanical devices. What's more, freedom from mechanical noise and vibration opens up a vast new world of imaging opportunities.
Capture the previously uncatchable
Track the action with an uninterrupted view
Silence expands photographic potential
Mobility leads to unprecedented opportunities
Professional features and performance in a compact body. The freedom of mobility inspires fresh creativity.
See more about 4D FOCUS
More AF features for assured shooting
α9 Focus Setting Guide
α9 AF Setup Quick Guide
α9 AF Setup Quick Guide
Mobile app version
New CMOS sensor for imaging excellence
High sensitivity, a back-illuminated configuration, gapless on-chip lens architecture, and other Sony innovations deliver stunning images in a wide range of photographic situations. Standard ISO range is ISO 100-51200, expandable to ISO 50-204800 with minimum noise.
Technology for high-quality images
Utilise high-quality imaging that unites all available image sensor technologies—including back-illuminated structure, gapless on-chip lens architecture.
[A] Conventional front-illuminated structure
[B] Stacked back-illuminated structure with integral memory
(1) Gapless OCL (2) Aluminum wiring layer (3) Light receiving surface
(4) Photodiode substrate (5) Copper wiring layer (6) Pixel area
(7) Stacked layer
Quad-VGA OLED Tru-Finder
The new high-resolution 3686k-dot electronic viewfinder (EVF) shows a clear image with fine detail. The legendary ZEISS® T* Coating greatly reduces reflections. Smooth EVF images realised by 120fps frame rate even allow you to easily track a subject in fast motion. Fluorine coating on the outermost lens provides improved protection from dirt.
5-axis image stabilization
New body-integrated 5-axis image stabilization unit offers a 5.0-stop shutter speed advantage. The live-view monitor image is also stabilized, so you can compose images easily even when shooting a fast-moving subject. (1) Yaw (2) Pitch (3) Roll
Backup to Sony's secure cloud service and access your photos and videos from any device.
Supported in Capture One Express (for Sony)
One of the world's best RAW converters by Phase One
Works with iMovie and Final Cut Pro X
This product is compatible with iMovie and Final Cut Pro X.
Especially for α9 enthusiasts
- Lens Compatibility
- Sony E-mount lenses
- 35 mm full frame (35.6 × 23.8 mm), Exmor RS® CMOS sensor
- Number Of Pixels (Effective)
- Approx. 24.2 megapixels
- ISO Sensitivity (Recommended Exposure Index)
- [Still images] Mechanical Shutter: ISO 100-51200 (ISO numbers up from ISO 50 to ISO 204800 can be set as expanded ISO range), AUTO (ISO 100-6400, selectable lower limit and upper limit), Electronic Shutter: ISO 100-25600 (ISO numbers up from ISO 50 can be set as expanded ISO range), AUTO (ISO 100-6400, selectable lower limit and upper limit), [Movies] ISO 100-51200 equivalent (ISO numbers up to ISO 102400 can be set as expanded ISO range), AUTO (ISO 100-6400, selectable lower limit and upper limit)
- Battery Life (Still Images)
- Approx. 480 shots (Viewfinder) / approx. 650 shots (LCD monitor) (CIPA standard)
- Viewfinder Type
- 1.3 cm (0.5 type) electronic viewfinder (colour),Quad-VGA OLED
- 7.5cm (3.0-type) type TFT
What's in the Box
Power cord, Rechargeable Battery NP-FZ100, Battery Charger BC-QZ1, Cable Protector, AC Adaptor, Shoulder strap, Body cap, Shoe cap, Eyepiece cup, Micro USB cable, Instruction Manual