Full Specifications and Features
Size & Weight
- Dimensions (W x H x D)
- 22.06 in x 8.97 in x 29.94 in"
- Approx. 112 lb (51 kg) (excluding lens)
What's In The Box
- Remote Control (RM-PJ29) Batteries (Size AA (R6) Manganese (2)) AC Power Cord (1) Plug Holder (1) Safety Regulations (1)
- Display System
- 4K SXRD™ panel, projection system
- Display Resolution
- 720 x 576/50p, 720 x 480/60p, 1280 x 720/50p, 1280 x 720/60p, 1920 x 1080/50i, 1920 x 1080/60i, 1920 x 1080/24p, 1920 x 1080/50p, 1920 x 1080/60p, 1920 x 1080/120p, 1920 x 1080/100p, 3840 x 2160/24p, 3840 x 2160/25p, 3840 x 2160/30p, 3840 x 2160/50p, 3840 x 2160/60p, 3840 x 2160/100p, 3840 x 2160/120p, 4096 x 2160/24p, 4096 x 2160/25p, 4096 x 2160/30p, 4096 x 2160/50p, 4096 x 2160/60p, 4096 x 2160/100p, 4096 x 2160/120p, WUXGA/60p, QXGA/60p, QXGA/120p, WQHD/60p, WQHD/120p, WQXGA/60p, WQXGA/120p,
- Light source
- Laser diode
- Picture processor
- X1 Ultimate for projector
- Contrast ratio
- ∞:1 (dynamic contrast)
- Effective display size
- 0.74" x 3
- Effective pixels
- 26,542,080 (4096 x 2160 x 3) pixels
- Projection lens shift
- VPLL-Z8014 (Optional): Powered V ± 80%, H ± 33%, VPLL-Z8008 (Optional): Powered V ± 50%, H ± 19%
- Throw ratio
- VPLL-Z8014 (Optional): 1.49:1 to 2.91:1, VPLL-Z8008 (Optional): 0.85:1 to 1.09:1
- Projection lens zoom / focus
- Powered (Z8014: Approx. x1.95/Z8008: Approx. x1.28) / Powered
- Input and Output Terminals
- HDMI (2 INPUTS) - Digital (RGB/Y Pb/Cb Pr/Cr), Display Port (2 INPUTS) - Digital (RGB), TRIGGER (2 INPUTS) - Mini jack, DC 12 V Max. 100 mA, REMOTE - RS-232C, D-sub 9-pin (male), LAN - RJ45, 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX, IR IN/OUT - IN: 1, OUT: 1 (Mini jack), 3D SYNC OUT - 3-pin mini-DIN (VESA 3D), USB - Type A, DC 5 V, Max. 500 mA
- Operating temperature / humidity
- 41°F to 104°F (5°C to 40°C)/20% to 80% (no condensation)
- Storage temperature / humidity
- 14 °F to +140 °F (-10 °C to +60 °C )/20% to 80% (no condensation)
- Acoustic noise
- 33 to 39dB (TBD)
- Power requirement
- AC 200 V to 240 V, 10 A, 50/60 Hz, AC 100 V to 120 V, 13.5 A, 50/60 Hz (TBD)
- Power consumption
- Max. 2.0 kW (TBD)
- Light Output
- 10,000 lm
- Color Light Output
- 10,000 lm
Eco and energy saving
- Power Consumption (Standby Mode)
- 0.3 W (When “Remote Start” is set to “Off”) (TBD)
- Power Consumption (Networked Standby Mode) – Terminals
- 1.0 W (LAN) (When "Remote Start" is set to "On") When a LAN terminal is not connected, it becomes a low power consumption mode (0.5 W).
- Standby Mode Activated
- After about 10 minutes
Spectacular 10,000-lumen brightness with 100% DCI-P3 colour gamut
A 100% DCI-P3 wide colour gamut is achieved without sacrificing the high brightness of 10,000 lm, with a unique 3-channel laser light source. A high-intensity blue laser activates the phosphor light source for wide gamut white light, while additional balanced red and blue laser light sources negate the need for a light-sapping colour filter. The result is spectacular brightness and projected images with stunning realism even in well-lit spaces.
Native 4K SXRDTM panel
The advanced SXRDTM (Silicon X-tal Reflective Display) panel technology featured in Sony’s home cinema projectors delivers native 4K-resolution (4096 x 2160) images with 8.8 million pixels for an incredibly lifelike picture. SXRD projection offers rich, inky blacks as well as clear cinematic motion and image smoothness, and can reproduce vibrant colours with more tones and textures than a standard projector system.
X1TM Ultimate for projector
X1TM Ultimate for projector takes our acclaimed BRAVIA TV video processing and optimizes it for projection. The incredible power of this video engine enables prodigious data processing, with real-time enhancement for each individual on-screen object. The result is true high dynamic range imagery, with texture, colour, contrast and realism never before available to home cinema.
Making colour and contrast more real
With Object-based HDR Remaster powered by X1TM Ultimate for projector, the colour in individual objects on screen is analyzed and the contrast adjusted, unlike most TVs and projectors where contrast is only adjusted along one black-to-white contrast curve. Because objects are remastered individually, this projector can reproduce greater depth and textures, and more realistic pictures.
Dynamic HDR Enhancer
Dynamic HDR Enhancer powered by X1TM Ultimate for projector delivers the best contrast by processing HDR content scene by scene. It further enhances the contrast in combination with laser light output control, which makes bright scenes brighter and dark scenes darker to deliver bright 4K HDR images.
Individual objects—analyzed and enhanced
Object-based Super Resolution technology powered by X1TM Ultimate for projector detects individual objects in a picture and preserves details on screen. Hundreds of objects are identified and their resolution is individually enhanced to give a picture of exceptional accuracy and detail.
Dual database processing
One database is used to clean the picture, reducing on-screen noise, and the other is used to upscale the resolution, improving clarity. These two powerful image improvement databases work together, dynamically improving pixels in real time. Each database has tens of thousands of references, amassed from our experience creating content for TV and films over the years.
Watch bright images for years with a Z-phosphor laser light
The VPL-GTZ380 uses an ultra-pure and reliable Z-PhosphorTM laser light source. This Sony-developed laser light source lets you enjoy perfectly clear 4K pictures at optimal brightness for up to 20,000 uninterrupted hours. No lamp replacements required, and virtually zero maintenance.
Digital Contrast Optimizer
With Digital Contrast Optimizer, the challenging dark parts of a projected image are reproduced with incredible depth. Low luminance details are detected and automatically compensated for, preventing washed-out, floating, blacks and delivering unrivalled contrast.
Digital Focus Optimiser
Optimum focus is achieved not only optically, but also digitally, with the Digital Focus Optimizer. By analyzing every pixel of the images with our own algorithm and detecting possible optical degradation in advance, the Digital Focus Optimizer performs optimum image quality correction so that the focus is better than ever, even in the corners.
The powerful video processor in the VPL-GTZ380 offers MotionflowTM for smooth and clear motion, even when viewing 4K content. MotionflowTM is best for fast-moving sports content, as it adds frames to reduce blur while maintaining brightness. Cinema purists can choose True Theatre mode to retain the original 24fps.
Corner-to-corner sharpness with the ARC-F lens
For pristine image quality across the entire screen, the VPL-GTZ380 features an All-Range Crisp Focus (ARC-F) lens. This large-aperture lens adopts an all-glass design for its 18 elements, including six Extra Low-Dispersion (ELD) elements. This ensures optimal convergence of the red, green and blue primaries even at the extreme edges of the image, for a clear and vivid image wherever you look.
Motorized zoom lens and wide lens shift
Installing this projector in your room is easy with a 2.06x motorized zoom and a wide lens shift range. Adjust the position of the projector by up to 80% vertically and 31% horizontally using lossless optical adjustments, to get just the right angle for your movies.
HDR compatibility: every image comes to life
Get the most from your projector when viewing new UHD Blu-ray and streaming services with High Dynamic Range (HDR). HDR video offers a vastly expanded brightness range to deliver far more realistic, high-contrast images and brilliant colours. Compatible with both HDR10 and HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) formats, Sony’s home projectors reproduce colour and contrast faithfully to the creators’ intent.
Picture Position Memory stores your settings
Store focus, zoom and lens shift settings for up to five screen formats for easy recall. Picture Position Memories store key settings so you can quickly watch movies in the ideal format. Match aspect ratios, including 16:9 and Cinemascope, and store these settings in the projector.