Full Specifications and Features
Size & Weight
- Dimensions (W x H x D)
- 49.5 x 20.5 x 46.3 cm
- Approx. 31 lb (14 kg)
What's In The Box
- Remote Control (RM-PJ24), Size AA (R6) manganese batteries (2), AC Power Cord (1), Lens Cap (1), Operating Instructions (CD-ROM), Quick Reference Manual, Safety Regulations (1)
- Display System
- 4K SXRD™ panel, projection system
- Display Resolution
- 720 x 576/50p, 720 x 480/60p, 1280 x 720/50p, 1280 x 720/60p, 1920 x 1080/50i, 1920 x 1080/60i, 1920 x 1080/24p, 1920 x 1080/50p, 1920 x 1080/60p, 3840 x 2160/24p, 3840 x 2160/25p, 3840 x 2160/30p, 3840 x 2160/50p, 3840 x 2160/60p, 4096 x 2160/24p, 4096 x 2160/25p, 4096 x 2160/30p, 4096 x 2160/50p, 4096 x 2160/60p,
- Light source
- High-pressure mercury lamp, 280 W type
- Picture processor
- X1 for projector
- Contrast ratio
- 350,000:1 (Dynamic Contrast)
- Effective display size
- 0.74" x 3
- Effective pixels
- 26,542,080 (4096 x 2160 x 3) pixels
- Projection lens shift
- Vertical: +85% -80% Horizontal: +/-31%
- Throw ratio
- 1.38:1 to 2.83:1
- Projection lens zoom / focus
- Powered (Approx. x 2.06) / Powered
- Input and Output Terminals
- HDMI (2 INPUTS) - Digital (RGB/Y Pb/Cb Pr/Cr), TRIGGER (2 INPUTS) - Minijack, DC 12 V Max. 100 mA, REMOTE - RS-232C, D-sub 9-pin (male), LAN - RJ45, 10Base-T/100BASE-TX, IR IN - IN:1(Minijack), USB -Type A, DC 5 V, Max. 500 mA
- Operating temperature / humidity
- 41 °F to 95 °F (5 °C to 35 °C)/35% to 85% (no condensation)
- Storage temperature / humidity
- –4°F to +140°F (–20°C to +60°C)/10% to 90% (no condensation)
- Acoustic noise
- 26 dB
- Power requirement
- AC 100 V to 240 V, 4.6 A to 2.0 A, 50/60 Hz
- Power consumption
- 460 W
- Light Output
- 1,800 lm (Lamp mode: High)
- Color Light Output
- 1,800 lm (Lamp mode: High)
Eco and energy saving
- Power Consumption (Standby Mode)
- 0.4 W (when “Remote Start” is set to “Off”)
- Power Consumption (Networked Standby Mode) – Terminals
- 1.0 W (LAN) (when “Remote Start” is set to “On”) When a LAN terminal is not connected, it goes into low power consumption mode (0.5 W).
- Standby Mode Activated
- After about 10 Minutes
Native 4K SXRDTM panel
The advanced SXRDTM (Silicon X-tal Reflective Display) panel technology featured in Sony’s home cinema projectors delivers native 4K-resolution (4096 x 2160) images with 8.8 million pixels for an incredibly lifelike picture. SXRD projection offers rich, inky blacks as well as clear cinematic motion and image smoothness, and can reproduce vibrant colours with more tones and textures than a standard projector system.
X1TM for projector
X1TM for projector takes our acclaimed BRAVIA TV video processing and optimizes it for projection. This processor combines innovative technologies for high-precision frame analysis, enabling features like the Dynamic HDR Enhancer and Super Resolution.
1,800 lumens for brightness
Savour the action with the brightness you need to get high contrast across the screen. A 280 W ultra-high pressure lamp generates the brightness required for vibrant images on screens up to 300 in (762 cm) diagonally. You can enjoy up to 6,000 hours of viewing time (in low mode) from a long-lasting mercury lamp.
4K aspherical lens for more clarity
The primary projection lens features a large-diameter aspherical element for corner-to-corner sharpness.
350,000:1 dynamic contrast for stunning realism
A dynamic contrast of 350,000:1 makes every scene spring to life with fine detail and realism. The powerful video processor is combined with lens iris control to achieve both deep, inky blacks and vibrant colour.
Dynamic HDR Enhancer
The Dynamic HDR Enhancer powered by X1TM for projector delivers the best contrast by processing HDR content scene by scene. It further enhances the contrast in combination with iris light-output control, which makes bright scenes brighter and dark scenes darker to deliver bright 4K HDR images.
The powerful video processor in the VPL-VW715ES offers MotionflowTM for smooth and clear motion, even when viewing 4K content. MotionflowTM is best for fast-moving sports content, as it adds frames to reduce blur while maintaining brightness. Cinema purists can choose True Theatre mode to retain the original 24fps.
Digital Focus Optimiser
Optimum focus is achieved not only optically, but also digitally, with the Digital Focus Optimizer. By analyzing every pixel of the images with our own algorithm and detecting possible optical degradation in advance, the Digital Focus Optimizer performs optimum image quality correction so that the focus is better than ever, even in the corners.
Super-resolution Reality Creation for 4K content
Sony’s exclusive Reality Creation technology analyzes images right down to the pixel level. It then employs pattern-matching algorithms developed over years of movie production to enhance details without increasing digital picture noise. It also upscales existing Full HD Blu-ray DiscTM and DVD movies to near-4K quality.
Motorized zoom lens and wide lens shift
Installing this projector in your room is easy with a 2.06x motorized zoom and a wide lens shift range. Adjust the position of the projector by up to 85% vertically and 31% horizontally using lossless optical adjustments, to get just the right angle for your movies.
HDR compatibility: every image comes to life
Get the most from today’s UHD Blu-ray discs and streaming services with High Dynamic Range. HDR video offers an expanded brightness range that delivers more realistic, high-contrast images and brilliant colour. Compatible with both HDR10 and HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) formats, Sony’s home cinema projectors reproduce colour and contrast that’s faithful to the creators’ intent.
The lamp in this product contains mercury. Disposal of these materials may be regulated due to environmental considerations. For disposal or recycling information, please contact your local authorities or association.
Picture Position Memory stores your settings
Store focus, zoom and lens shift settings for up to five screen formats for easy recall. Picture Position Memories store key settings so you can quickly watch movies in the ideal format. Match aspect ratios, including 16:9 and Cinemascope, and store these settings in the projector.