- Blower (1) - Use to remove dust and debris from the body and from inside the camera. We recommend a plain blower instead of a brush blower, etc.
- Plain blower - Squeeze the bulb with your fingers to force the air out. You can easily adjust the air pressure.
- Brush blower - This can be used as both blower and brush. When using a brush blower with a removable brush, remove the brush when using it as a blower. This prevents dust on the brush being blown onto the camera.
- Brush (2) - Use to remove dust from the camera body and lens. We recommend that you use both large and small brushes for the lens.
- Do not use commercially available cleaning solutions or cleaning papers and spray blower. Doing so may damage, deform, scratch or cause malfunction to the translucent mirror.
- Do not touch the surface of the mirror or blow on it too hard.
- Sony is not liable for any incidental or consequential damage due to mishandling at non-Sony service locations.
How to clean
- Remove dust and debris from the camera body. Use a brush to sweep dust and debris from the entire camera. Use a large brush for the outside of the camera and a small brush for delicate parts. Do not press the brush hard against the camera; sweep gently.
- Remove dust and debris from delicate parts using a blower.
- Take the front lens cap off, and remove the dust on the lens surface using the blower.
- Replace the front lens cap to prevent dust from attaching to the lens.
- Press the lens release button, and detach the lens.
- Remove dust and debris from the mirror and the area around it.Use the blower, holding the lens mount facing slightly downward so that dust and debris easily fall out.
- Push the mirror lock lever down with your fingers, and open the mirror.
- Use the blower, holding the lens mount facing slightly downward so that dust and debris easily fall out. Do not insert the tip of a blower into the cavity beyond the lens mount area. Ensure that the tip of the blower does not touch the image sensor.
- After you are finished cleaning, push down the mirror until it clicks.
NOTE: Do not touch the lens signal contacts or the surface of the mirror.
- Attach the lens.
- Attach the lens while holding the camera body horizontally. If you attach the lens while holding the lens mount face up or down, dust and debris may easily enter the camera and the lens.
- When you attach the lens, confirm that the mirror has been completely pushed down.
- Take the lens off and on in a dust-free location. Dust and debris may easily enter the camera and lens in a dusty location.
- After you are finished cleaning, check that dust has been removed.
- Set the shooting mode to Aperture Priority (A), and the aperture value to F11.
- Take a picture of a white wall, white paper, or the sky.
- Make sure that no dust shows on the image.
NOTE: Many camera shops also offer professional cleaning services for image sensors that may be able to be performed in a timely manner.
If the issue is still unresolved, the product may need to be repaired.  Go to Product Repair.