What types of devices can be connected to the car stereo?
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
This model of car stereo receiver is compatible with the following types of devices:
- ATRAC® audio devices (AAD)
- USB devices with mass storage class (MSC)
- certain Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) devices
- There are some mass storage class (MSC) devices that are not compatible. For more information, refer to the USB compatibility list.
- There are some MTP devices that are not compatible. The MTP devices that are compatible need to be switched to the mass storage setting when connecting to the car stereo. The MTP devices that do not have the switching function to mass storage are not compatible.
The connection of devices other than those listed as compatible on the USB compatibility list are not supported. If the unit has not been confirmed to be compatible, connecting it may cause a malfunction to the device or the car stereo.