How to perform a monitor self-test.
Follow these steps to perform a monitor self-test.
- Turn off the monitor.
- Disconnect the video cables that connect the monitor to the computer.
- Turn on the monitor.
- Before the monitor enters power saving mode, on the front of the monitor, move the CONTROL button to the right for 2 seconds.
NOTE: If the Power indicator light becomes solid orange, the monitor has entered power saving mode. If this happens, repeat the self-test procedure from the beginning.
- The appearance of four color bars (white, red, green, blue) indicates the monitor is functioning properly.
- If the Power indicator light begins blinking orange, repeat the self-test procedure from the beginning. If the Power indicator light again begins to blink orange, service may be required.
- If the color bars fail to appear, service will be required.  Go to Product Repair.