What is the proper procedure to disconnect a USB cable for a Sony product from a computer?
Follow the appropriate steps below for your computer operating system.
WARNING: There is a risk of data loss. Saved data may be damaged if the steps below are not followed correctly.
NOTE: For model-specific information regarding the supported operating system, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the product. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
Computer running a Windows® operating system:
- On the computer desktop, in the task tray (usually located in the lower-right corner), click the Unplug or Eject Hardware or Safely Remove Hardware icon.
- In the Unplug or Eject Hardware or Safely Remove Hardware window, click to select SONY DSC or USB Mass Storage Device.
- Click the Stop button.
- In the Stop a Hardware device window, click to select the device you want to remove.
- Click then OK button.
- Disconnect the USB cable.
Computer running an Apple® Mac OS® operating system:
- On the computer desktop, click to select the Removable Disk icon.
- Drag the Removable Disk icon to the Trash icon.
- Unplug the USB cable.