How to troubleshoot a Sony monitor connected to a Sony VAIO computer.
Follow these steps to troubleshoot a Sony® monitor connected to a Sony VAIO® computer.NOTES:
- If model-specific information is required to complete any of the steps in this solution, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the product. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Since each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check the display function after completing each step.
- Disconnect the computer and monitor from any surge protector or power strip and plug it directly into a wall outlet.
NOTE: If the display returns after completing this step, the problem is isolated to the surge protector or power strip.
- Ensure the monitor cables are correctly connected .
- Perform a monitor self test.
- Turn off the power save function that turns the monitor off after a specified amount of time.
- Adjust the monitor brightness and contrast levels.
NOTE: Refer to the monitor manual or users guide for specific instructions on how to adjust the monitor brightness and contrast levels.
- If possible, connect and use the monitor with a different computer.
NOTE: If the monitor functions properly, then the problem is isolated to the computer to which the monitor was originally connected.
- Ensure that the keyboard and mouse are plugged into the appropriate plugs.
- On the back of the computer, switch the plugs in which the keyboard and mouse are plugged.
- Troubleshoot the computer display configurations from Safe Mode .
NOTE: If the display works properly when in Safe Mode, the problem is software related. Uninstall and reinstall the Graphics driver .
- Remove any hardware that has been added to the computer, including any added memory, internal or external drives, and any type (network, sound, video, USB, etc.) adapter card.
- Remove and reseat the existing memory modules.
- Remove and reseat the modem card.
- Remove and reseat the video card.
If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required.  Go to Product Repair.