IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Follow this procedure to troubleshoot devices attached to the docking station or port replicator not being recognized by the computer.
- The docking station or port replicator must have power in order for it to work properly.
- If model-specific information is required to complete any of the steps in this solution, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the product. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Download and install all available updates. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
- Compatibility with third-party products is not guaranteed.
- Some port replicators or docking stations do not use an AC adapter. Refer to the operating instructions supplied with the port replicator or docking station.
- The DVDROM drive on some port replicators or docking stations may not be accessible when connected to a network using an i.LINK® cable. Turn off the notebook computer, then make sure the i.LINK network switch is to the unmarked side.
- Consult the computer and port replicator or docking station Marketing Specifications to verify that the connection being attempted is supported.
- Plug the AC adapter used with the notebook into the docking station or port replicator.
- Ensure the port replicator or docking station is connected correctly.
- Ensure that the device attached to the docking station or port replicator is securely connected.
- Restart the computer.
- Ensure any drivers required for the device attached to the docking station or port replicator are properly installed.
- Test the port by attaching another device to the same port.
The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve your issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, service may be required.  Go to Product Repair.