IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Recording stops automatically in the following cases:
- When the remaining battery is low, recording stops automatically and the power turns off.
- When the memory becomes full, recording stops automatically.
- When the temperature inside the camera rises, an error message will be displayed on the LCD screen. Depending on the model, the recording may stop or the camera might turn off if used continuously after the error message or error code appeared. The error message displayed varies depending on the model.
- For HDRAZ Series - error code 10-01 or will be displayed on the LCD of the Live-View Remote Control.
- For other models - HEAT or will appear on the display panel of the camera.
NOTE: When the temperature inside the camera rises during successive continuous recording, the protection circuit actuates and the power turns off automatically. If the camera overheats and the power turns off, leave the camera turned off until it cools down. This process may take a few minutes or longer depending on the ambient temperature.
Note the following to prolong the recoding time:
- Turn the power off whenever you are not using the camera.
- Avoid direct sunlight.
- When the camera reaches the maximum continuous recording time, recording stops automatically.
NOTE: The maximum continuous recording time for movies is approximately 13 hours.
- SSLOW is approximately 3 hours
- SLOW is approximately 6.5 hours
The video that can be recorded will vary depending on the model. Refer to the instruction manual for more information.
- An improper operation of the camera may cause the recording to stop if:
- The camera is subject to excessive vibration or shock.
- The terminal of the memory card or battery pack is dirty. Eject the memory card or the battery pack wipe it off if there is dirt, and reinsert them properly.
NOTE: If you do not operate the camera for a certain period of time, the camera turns off automatically to prevent the battery pack from wearing down. In this case, turn on the camera again. If you have selected OFF in the auto power off setting, the power is not turned off automatically.