IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Depending on the i.LINK (IEEE 1394) ports available on the computer and digital device being connected, either a 4-pin to 4-pin cable, 4-pin to 6-pin cable or 4-pin to 9-pin cable will be needed. Go to Parts and Accessories.
The part numbers are as follows:
- The Sony 4-pin to 4-pin cable is part number VMC-IL4415.
- The Sony 4-pin to 6-pin cable is part number VMC-IL4615.
Sony does not make a 9-4 pin i.LINK cable, but you can normally purchase these cables from online electronics retail web sites such as Apple Store® or a local electronics retail store.
- Refer to the specific product manuals to determine the i.LINK cable most appropriate for the connection.
- Sony is not able to provide compatibility information for third-party parts or accessories.
- The 4-pin i.LINK cables do not have power and require the connected device to have independent power sources. 6-pin i.LINK cables have two extra wires and can provide power from a computer to a connected device.
- All Sony digital camcorders have a 4-pin i.LINK connection.
- The i.LINK technology will operate at the speed of the slowest connected device.