This error message can occur if the USB connection is not being recognized by the computer when trying to import video from the camcorder hard disk drive. It is normally due to a loose USB cable connection or an incorrect setting selected on the camcorder. However, it also may be an indication that the Picture Motion Browser (PMB) software requires an update.
Follow the steps below to troubleshoot this issue.
- Turn off the camcorder.
- Close the PMB software on the computer.
- Make sure the USB cable is securely connected to the USB ports on both the camcorder and computer.
IMPORTANT: The USB cable should be connected directly to an available USB port on the computer. Connection through a USB hub cannot be guaranteed.
- Turn on the camcorder.
- On the camcorder LCD screen, touch one of the following icons appropriate for your camcorder model:
- Start the PMB software on the computer.
- Begin importing the video from the camcorder hard disk drive onto the computer with the PMB software.
If the issue is still unresolved after following the above steps, download and install the PMB software update from the Sony® Support Web site.