IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
When using the internal LAN-Express (Atheros) wireless network adapter to connect to a wireless network, the following issues may occur:
- Not able to connect to a wireless network after a long period of usage or after resuming from suspend or hibernation.
- The LAN-Express wireless network adapter intermittently disappears from device manager or VAIO Smart Network.
- The wireless network connection intermittently fails to connect, drops or loses connection.
To resolve these issues follow the procedure below.
- Verify the physical wireless switch is turned on.
- Verify WLAN is enabled using the VAIO Smart Network application .
- Download and install the VAIO Smart Network Update and Marvell® Atheros® Extensible Wireless LAN Driver updates, both of which are available online. Downloads are posted on your model support page.