NOTE: Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, try reinstalling the Vista® Service Pack update after completing each step.
- Restart the computer.
- Check the hard disk for errors .
- Run the System File Checker tool.
- Run the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool .
- Disable anti-virus and anti-spyware software.
WARNING: There is a risk of software corruption. Re-enable the anti-virus and anti-spyware software after the service pack installation.
- Download and install the full SP1 or SP2 package.
More information can be found in Microsoft® KB Article ID 947366.