IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
If you cannot activate the TMC service in the nav-u™ portable navigation system, or you receive the following error: Error: Activation code is invalid, check the following:
- If you have never used the TMC service before, it will activate automatically once a signal is acquired. You do not need an activation code. An activation code is required after the 90-day free trial has ended and you have purchased a subscription. You should connect the TMC antenna to your nav-u unit if you wish to use this service. After the 90-day free trial, you can subscribe to the service by purchasing an activation code. Visit NAVTEQ Web site for more information.
- The optional TMC Car Cradle kit (NVA-CU5T) must be purchased to use the TMC service with the NV-U84.
- If you are not receiving any TMC information, a different solution is available .
You must be located in an area that is covered by TMC Service for it to activate. If you would like to see information regarding the coverage for the TMC Service in your area. Be sure you are entering in the correct amount of characters. Activation codes are 20 characters.
NOTE: Be sure you are entering in the correct type of characters. Activation codes are alphabetic characters only.
If you already are a subscriber and need to re-enter your activation code, follow these steps:
NOTE: If you do not recall your activation code, you can look it up under your NAVTEQ account.
- Tap Menu.
- Tap the application tab (the tab with the blue chest of draws icon).
- Tap Traffic Information.
- In the Traffic Information screen, tap Settings.
- On the Settings Tab, tap Activate TMC Servicee.
If you are sure you entered the activation code correctly and it is not accepted, please contact NAVTEQ sending an email to NABC_english@navteq.com or dial +1-888-NAVTEQ-9 or (888) 628-8379.The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve your issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, service may be required. Begin the procedure to send your Sony product into a Sony facility to be repaired.