Follow these steps to troubleshoot why the wireless keyboard is not responding properly.
- If model-specific information is required to complete any of the steps in this solution, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the keyboard or computer. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Because the issue may be identified or resolved after each step, test the keyboard for proper operation after each step is performed.
- Restart the computer.
- Ensure fresh batteries are installed in the keyboard.
- Ensure the keyboard is no more than 2 feet from the computer.
- Reinitialize the keyboard.
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode .
- It may be necessary to use a USB or IBM® PS/2® keyboard to allow a restart of the computer in Safe Mode.
- If the keyboard works properly in Safe Mode, then something has changed in the operating system. Something new may be loading in Startup, new hardware may have been added, or software may have been added or updated on the computer.
- Remove any hardware or software that has been added since the last time the keyboard was working properly.
- Using a USB or IBM PS/2 keyboard, use the System Configuration Utility to determine if the issue is caused by items loading in Startup.
- Use the System Restore procedure to restore the registry to when the keyboard last worked.
If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required. Begin the procedure to send your Sony product into a Sony facility to be repaired.