IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Yes, if you have Apple® iTunes® software installed, you can transfer music and playlists from iTunes software to the Walkman® player by dragging and then dropping the files to the Content Transfer application.
- The latest version of the Content Transfer application supports data transfer from iTunes software 7.6, 7.7, 8.0, 8.1, 8.2 and 9.0 to the Walkman player.
- Previous versions of the Content Transfer application supported data transfer from iTunes software 8.0. However, for playlist transfer from iTunes software 9.0 to the Walkman player, make sure you are using the latest version of the Content Transfer application. The latest version can be downloaded from the Sony® eSupport Web Site.
- Digital Rights Management (DRM) copyright-protected files are not supported. iTunes music files may be able to be upgraded to iTunes Plus music files, which do not contain DRM.
- Do not disconnect the USB connection during data transfer.
- If there is insufficient free space on the portable player, the data cannot be transferred.
- The Content Transfer application is included with most newer Walkman Video players. It also is available for additional models in the NWZ-A, NWZ-E, and NWZ-S series. Some models may require an update to be compatible. Downloads are posted on your model support page.