- When applying the update, make sure the Reader is fully charged.
- Connect the Reader directly to a USB port on the computer.
- Disconnect the Reader from the computer and close the Reader (eBook) Library software.
NOTE: It is necessary to disconnect from the computer even if the Reader or computer displays a do not disconnect message.
- Delete the original firmware update file.
- Re-download the firmware update from the Drivers section at https://esupport.sony.com/.
- While downloading the firmware update, perform a hard reset on the Reader.
NOTE: Even after the hard reset is complete, the Reader will continue to display Firmware update process failed please try again.
- Once the download is complete, on the computer, double-click the firmware update file.
- Follow the steps in the wizard, connecting the Reader to the computer when prompted.
- When the update is finished, close the Reader (eBook) Library software then disconnect the Reader from the computer.
If you are still experiencing issues, after completing all of the above steps, please contact Customer Support at 877-263-2863 for further assistance.