How to use the VAIO® Wireless Wizard to setup, configure or troubleshoot a wireless LAN connection.
- An ethernet network cable is required for this procedure.
- Not all computers ship with the VAIO Wireless Wizard utility.
- Click the Start button and then click All Programs.
- In the All Programs menu, click VAIO Wireless Wizard and then click VAIO Wireless Wizard.
- In the Welcome to the VAIO Wireless Wizard window, click Wireless LAN.
- In the For help select one of the following: screen, click Setting up your Wireless LAN.
- In the Setting up your Wireless LAN window, click the Yes button.
- In the Router Selection window, select the manufacturer and model of your wireless router from the drop down menus.
- When the Please connect window appears, connect an ethernet cable from the computer to the router.
- Click the Next button.
- The VAIO Wireless Wizard will connect to the wireless router and create a wireless profile.
- The VAIO Wireless Wizard may not be able to connect to the wireless router if the default username or password of the router has been changed. In this case, an Incorrect default password window is displayed. Enter the current username and password and then click the Next button.
- The VAIO Wireless Wizard may not be able to retrieve all the settings from the wireless router. In this case, a Missing Settings Information window is displayed. Click the Back button to try again or click the Next button to use VAIO Guided help.
- In the Configuration Completed window, click the No button.