- In the PC message pane, from the PC message list, click the message whose file format you want to convert.
- You can select up to 99 messages in a folder.
- You can select messages of different file formats at a time.
- You can select multiple messages by either pressing and holding down the SHIFT key and clicking the first and last items in a consecutive group or hold down the Ctrl key as you click each item separately.
- Do one of the following:
- Select Convert File Format from the PC menu.
- Click on the selected message with the right mouse button and select Convert File Format from the shortcut menu.
- The Convert File Format dialog box is displayed.
- The file names of the original and converted files and size after conversion are displayed in the list.
- You can convert a file into an MP3 file of the preset format by clicking on MP3 conversion from the toolbar or select MP3 Conversion from the PC or shortcut menu.
- In the Destination folder text box, select the destination folder where the converted file will be saved.
NOTE: You can click Browse and specify the destination folder or create a new folder from the Browse Folders dialog box.
- In the File Type drop-down list, select the file type into which you convert the file.
- Set a name of the converted file.
NOTE: The converted file will be named as shown in the Converted File(s) column in the list. You can change the file name as follows:
- To enter a file name manually:
- Select Enter Manually from the File Naming drop-down list box.
- Double-click on the Converted File(s) column of the list.
- Enter a file name.
- To create a file name automatically with keywords or serial numbers:
- Select Create Automatically from the File Naming drop-down list box.
- In the Name Components list box, check the necessary items to make up a file name: Keyword, Original file name, and Serial number.
- If Keyword is checked, enter the characters (up to 32 characters) you want to include in a file name in the Keyword text box. Then click up or down to align the name components in the desired order.
- To enter a file name manually:
- Click Convert and the message is converted into the specified file type and saved in the specified destination folder as the specified file name.
- You cannot convert a file if the converted file size exceeds 2 GB.
- When there is insufficient hard disk space to save a file, an error message notifying you of the lack of space is displayed.
- You cannot convert the file format of an IC recorder message. To convert an IC recorder message, save it onto your PC hard disk.
- When you select the same file format as the current type, the message is copied.
- If the file name is too long, an error message is displayed. Give the file a shorter name.
- When a file with the same name already exists on the destination folder, the file is named with a suffice as (2).
- When naming a file, you cannot use the following characters: \ / : * ? " < < |
- A file recorded from a CD cannot be converted except on the PC bearing the same owner name as the file.
- A file recorded from a CD cannot be converted into a WAV file.
- Depending on the file compression systems of the original and converted file formats, a file may be re-compressed, degrading the sound quality. In some conversions, the recorded date of the original file may be lost or changed.
- A VBR (Variable Bit Rate) type MP3 file is supported. (We do not guarantee that all types of VBR MP3 files operate correctly with the DVE software.) When converting an MP3 file, artist name and title up to 20 characters are retained.
- You cannot convert an MP3 file into a 44.1 kHz 16-bit stereo WAV file.
- When you convert a WAV file into an MSV or DVF file, the date of conversion will become the recorded date.
- When you convert the file format into a WAV file, the information such as recorded date and time will be erased.
- When you convert the file format into an MSV (ADPCM) file, the information such as User name and priority will be erased.