IMPORTANT: Not all car stereo receivers have an Apple® iPod® player connection capabilities. To see if your car stereo has the functions described in this solution, check the product specifications. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
In order to operate the functions of the iPod player directly while connected to the dock connector of the car stereo, follow these steps to activate the Passenger Control mode:
- During playback, press and hold the MODE button.
- Once MODE IPOD appears, the iPod player can be operated.
To exit the Passenger Control mode, do the following:
- Press and hold the MODE button.
- MODE AUDIO will appear in the display and then the play mode will change to RESUMING.
- The volume can only be adjusted through the car stereo.
- If the Passenger Control mode is canceled, the REPEAT setting will be turned off.
- Refer to the iPod player compatibility list found in the operating instructions that came supplied with your unit for a complete list of verified compatible devices. Manuals are posted on your model support page.