Follow the steps below to troubleshoot this issue:
IMPORTANT: The video cable reference below can refer to either a composite video or HDMI® connection (if your camera has one). These troubleshooting steps can apply to both types of connections.
- Ensure the camera is powered on.
- Ensure media with recorded images is inserted in the camera.
- Ensure the video cable is securely connected the video output jack of the camera.
IMPORTANT: If using an HDMI cable it may be necessary to change the video output setting in the camera menu to 1080i.
- Ensure the other end of the video cable is securely connected to the video input of the TV.
NOTE: The LCD screen of the camera will turn black when the camera is properly connected to the TV.
- Ensure the appropriate video input on the TV is selected to view the images from the camera.
NOTE: Most TV remote controls will have a TV/VIDEO or INPUT button that will allow you to select inputs on the TV. If necessary, consult the instruction manual of your TV for further information.
- If the issue is still not resolved, try unplugging the video cable from the TV for approximately 10 seconds and then reconnect it.
- If the issue is still not resolved, try connecting the video cable to a different video input jack on the TV (if available) and then switch to the appropriate input mode on the TV.