IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Follow the steps below to troubleshoot and resolve this issue.
- Ensure you are trying to connect a compatible lens .
- Ensure the pins on the body of the camera are not bent and that there are no obstructions.
- Ensure nothing is covering or obstructing the metal contacts on the lens.
- Align the orange marks on the lens and the camera.
- Mount the lens to the front of the camera.
IMPORTANT: Do not press the lens release button when mounting the lens.
- Turn the lens clockwise until it clicks into the locked position.
WARNING: There is a risk of hardware damage. Do not use force when turning the lens. Doing so may damage the lens assembly or camera.
The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve your issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, service may be required. Go to Product Repair.