NOTE: Make sure you are using Windows Media Player version 11 software with your Walkman® player. If you are not, you can install it from the CD supplied with your portable player. You can check the version by viewing the About Windows Media Player option on the Help menu of the currently installed Windows Media Player.
- Connect the player to the computer.
- Start Windows Media® Player.
- In the Windows Media Player window, click the Sync tab.
NOTE: Make sure Windows Media Player is configured to the Show Navigation Pane [FIG. 1] option. You can confirm this view by clicking the Layout Options [FIG. 2] icon just below the Now Playing bar and confirm that it says Show Navigation Pane [FIG. 1]. If it says Hide Navigation Pane [FIG. 3], click to change it.
- On the left side of the window, click to select your portable player.
- Under the Now Playing bar, click the Select a Category [FIG. 4] icon and then click to select the type of file you would like to delete (Music, Pictures or Video).
- Click to select the file you want to delete from the player.
- Press the Delete key on the keyboard.
- In the Are you sure you want to delete... window, click to select the appropriate delete option.
- Click OK.