Your portable player can play back non-secure AAC files (files without Digital Rights Management (DRM) copy protection) only. DRM-free iTunes Plus songs purchased from the iTunes Music Store online music store can be transferred and played back on your portable player. Songs purchased from the iTunes Music Store online music store which contain DRM copy protection will not play back and will produce an error message. These tracks however, for a fee may be able to be upgraded to iTunes Plus tracks and can then be played back on your portable player. Refer to http://www.apple.com/itunes/ for more information.
Follow this procedure to transfer DRM-free iTunes Plus songs to your portable player using the Apple® iTunes® software:
- Start the iTunes software.
- Connect your portable player to your computer.
- Start the Content Transfer application if it did not start automatically.
NOTE: If you do not have the Content Transfer application already installed on your computer, it can be downloaded from the Sony Support Web Site at http://esupport.sony.com
- Locate the song in the iTunes software.
- Drag and then drop the song into the Content Transfer application.