When the car stereo receiver is not recognizing the SIRIUS Satellite Radio® service or the XM Satellite Radio® service even though the satellite radio tuner is connected to it, follow these steps to try to resolve this issue:
IMPORTANT: If model-specific information is needed to complete any of these steps, refer to the instructions supplied with the product. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
NOTE: Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check the tuner status after completing each step.
- If your hookup contains a separate satellite radio tuner, check to make sure that all of your connections are accurate and secure between the satellite radio tuner and the car stereo.
- Check to make sure that the car stereo is compatible with your satellite radio tuner:
- Make sure that the SOURCE selector is set to the correct setting for the satellite radio service.
- Reset the car stereo by pressing the RESET button.
- If the satellite radio tuner is still not recognized, there may be a problem with the cable between the satellite radio tuner and the car stereo. Try replacing the cable with a new one, making sure to reset the car stereo again after the cable has been replaced.
If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required. Begin the procedure to send your Sony product into a Sony facility to be repaired.