How to disable the power management setting for the wireless LAN adapter.
Follow the steps below to turn off power management for the wireless LAN adapter.
IMPORTANT: This information applies only to computers using the operating systems listed below this article in the Applicable Products and Categories section.
- Open Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager window, click the plus (+) sign next to Network adapters to expand the selection.
- Under Network adapters, click to select the appropriate wireless LAN adapter.
- On the menu bar, click Action and then click Properties.
- In the Properties window, click the Power Management tab.
- On the Power Management tab, click to uncheck the box next to Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
NOTE: Some WLAN adapters have another power saving setting in addition to the one on the Power Management tab. Click the Advanced tab and try to locate a power saving setting. If it exists, disabled it.
- Click the OK button.