If you are having difficulty getting the Sony® RM-X55M Marine Remote Commander® remote control to operate your car stereo receiver, there may be a compatibility problem or a loose connection. Follow these steps to try to resolve this issue.
IMPORTANT: If model-specific information is needed to complete any of these steps, refer to the instructions supplied with the product. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Verify the Marine remote control is compatible with your specific car stereo.
- In addition to checking the compatibility list, in order for the remote control to operate the unit, the car stereo must have the following:
- a 3.5 mini jack
- a UniLink™ S-BUS interface connection
- Check to make sure the cables are connected correctly and securely to the car stereo following the connection diagram in the manual.
- Reset the car stereo receiver.
If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required. Go to Product Repair.