To determine why no sound or audio is playing through the car stereo from the Apple® iPod® music player, try the following troubleshooting steps:
IMPORTANT: If model-specific information is needed to complete any of these steps, refer to the instructions supplied with the product. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
NOTE: Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check the sound after completing each step.
- Verify that the iPod music player is listed on the compatibility chart for the car stereo. This information can be found in your manual.
- Verify that your car stereo is compatible with the Interface Adaptor for iPod.
- Disconnect the Interface Adaptor from the car stereo and the iPod music player.
- Verify that sound plays through the car stereo without the Interface Adaptor and iPod music player connected.
- Verify that sound plays through the iPod music player without being connected to the Interface Adaptor and the car stereo.
- Press the RESET button on the car stereo.
- Confirm that the iPod music player has the latest firmware version installed.
- Reconnect the Interface Adaptor and the iPod music player to the car stereo.
- Verify that the Interface Adaptor connection is secure.
- Verify that the iPod music player is securely connected to the dock connector.
IMPORTANT: When connected to the dock connector, operation from the iPod music player cannot be performed. Operation must be done through the car stereo.
- On the iPod music player, verify that the Sony® Xplod logo is displayed on the screen.
NOTE: If the Xplod logo does not display, verify that the battery for the iPod music player has an adequate charge to operate the player.
If you have completed all of the steps and the sound issue is not resolved, service may be required. Go to Product Repair.