Follow the procedure below to reinstall a device driver using the Device Manager utility.
- Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, click System and Maintenance.
- In the System and Maintenance window, click Device Manager.
NOTE: If prompted for an administrator password or a User Account Control prompt is displayed, type the appropriate password or click Continue.
- In the Device Manager window, double-click the category of the device to be removed.
- Under the category selected, click to select the device to be removed.
- On the menu bar, click Action and then click Uninstall.
- In the Confirm Device Uninstall window, click the OK button.
WARNING: There is a risk of data loss. Before restarting the computer, save all open files and close all applications.
- Restart the computer.
- When the computer restarts, the operating system will find the device and reinstall the driver.