IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
IMPORTANT: Before starting this or any troubleshooting procedure, verify that the Reader™ device has been updated with the latest firmware version and that the latest version of the Reader Library software is installed on the computer. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
NOTE: Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, open the Reader Library software and connect the Reader device to the computer after completing each step.
- Verify that the Reader device is turned on.
- Verify that the battery has an adequate charge.
- Verify that the USB cable is properly and securely connected to the Reader device and the computer.
NOTE: The USB cable should be connected directly to the computer. Connecting the Reader device using a USB hub or extension cable is not supported.
- Verify that the Reader device displays the USB connection indicator in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Disconnect the Reader device from the computer, close the Reader Library software and restart the computer.
- With the Reader device disconnected from the computer, perform a hard reset .
- With the Reader device connected to the computer, uninstall and reinstall the Sony Reader USB driver .
- Install the Reader Library software on a different computer and connect the Reader device.
The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve your issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, service may be required. Begin the procedure to send your Sony product into a Sony facility to be repaired.