When using the VAIO Recovery Center to reinstall the display adapter drivers , the drivers are not actually installed but are instead, extracted to the C:\windows\drivers\Graphics Driver (Intel)\ folder. Follow the procedure below to manually install the drivers from this folder.
- Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, click System and Maintenance.
- In the System and Maintenance window, click Device Manager.
NOTE: If prompted for an administrator password or a User Account Control prompt is displayed, type the appropriate password or click Continue.
- In the Device Manager window, click the plus (+) sign next to Display adapters to expand the selection.
- Under Display adapters, click to select Standard VGA Adapter.
- On the menu bar, click Action and then click Update Driver Software.
- In the Update Driver Software window, click Browse my computer for driver software.
- Click the Browse button.
- In the Browse For Folder window, navigate to the C:\windows\drivers\Graphics Driver (Intel)\ folder and then click the OK button.
- Click the Next button.
- Click the Close button.
- In the System Settings Change window, click the Yes button.
NOTE: After the computer starts the installation is complete.