Follow the procedure below if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- The screen or display is blank.
- The background or a portion of the background is dark.
- Half of the screen is blank.
- Black lines or bands across the screen.
- Horizontal or vertical lines across the screen.
- The screen has a cracked or broken appearance.
- Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check the display status after completing each step.
- A slight ghosting or darkening of the display may occur periodically. This is normal operation.
- Make sure the battery is fully charged.
- Always verify that your Reader digital book is fully charged by disconnecting it from the computer and checking the battery indicator. The battery indicator will display 4 black bars when it is fully charged.
- It will take approximately 4 hours to achieve a full charge with a computer. It will take approximately 2 hours to achieve a full charge with AC adapter model ACS-5220E (an optional accessory for some models available from the online Sony Store).
Please contact a local or online authorized retailer to purchase a Sony product.
For customers in Canada: https://dealerlocator.sony.ca/locator/init.do
- If your computer goes into hibernation or sleep mode, charging will stop and the red charge indicator on the Reader digital book will turn off.
- It is recommended to charge the Reader device while you are using the computer or to adjust your sleep or hibernation settings of your computer to avoid any interruption in the charging process. You can also use AC adapter model ACS-5220E to charge your Reader device. When using the AC adapter to charge your Reader device, the lightning bolt symbol that appears next to the battery icon [FIG. 1] on the display of your Reader device is an indication that it is connected to AC power and is charging the battery properly. If the lightning bolt symbol is not present, double check the AC Adapter to ensure that your Reader device is properly connected. This symbol does not appear while charging via a USB connection.
- Turn the page or change what is being displayed several times.
- Perform a soft reset .
- If the issue is still present but there is an improvement on the problem after the previous step, turn off your Reader™ digital book and perform a hard reset . If the issue is still present even after a hard reset, service will be required. Go to Product Repair.
IMPORTANT: After doing a hard reset, it will be necessary to authorize your unit again.
The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve your issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, service may be required. Go to Product Repair.