Follow the steps below to troubleshoot if the attached lens will not manual focus:
IMPORTANT: If model-specific information is required to complete any of the steps in this solution, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the product. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Make sure the focus mode switch is set to MF.
IMPORTANT: Some a (alpha) Digital SLR camera models may still auto focus even when the focus mode switch is set to MF . To resolve this, temporarily move the focus mode switch to the auto focus position and then back to MF.
- Try manually turning the focus ring on the lens.
- If the focus ring does not turn, remove the lens from the camera body.
- While the lens is removed from the camera, try turning the focus ring.
NOTE: If the focus ring on the lens cannot be turned manually when not attached to the camera, the lens may require service. Begin the procedure to send your Sony product into a Sony facility to be repaired.
- If the focus ring can be turned without any difficulty, reattach the lens to the camera.
- Once again, ensure the focus mode switch on the camera is set to MF.
- Try turning the focus ring on the lens to achieve focus.
The troubleshooting steps above should resolve the issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, service may be required. Begin the procedure to send your Sony product into a Sony facility to be repaired.