IMPORTANT: If you have experienced this issue before and have added the eBook Library.exe file to the Data Execution Prevention list at one time, this will no longer work because the executable file name has changed to Reader Library. You will now need to add the Reader Library.exe file to the Data Execution Prevention list.
- Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, click All Control Panel Items.
- In the All Control Panel Items window, click System.
NOTE: If you are already in this view, just click System.
- In the System window, click Advanced system settings.
- On the Advanced tab, in the Performance area, click the Settings button.
- In the Performance Options window, click the Data Execution Prevention tab.
- On the Data Execution Prevention tab, click the Add... button.
NOTE: If the Add... button is not selectable, Data Execution Prevention is configured for essential Windows programs only and no further changes to Data Execution Prevention are necessary.
- In the Open window, next to Look in:, click the drop-down arrow and click to select Local Disk (C:).
- In the selection box, click to select the Program Files folder.
- In the selection box, click to select the Sony folder.
- In the selection box, click to select the Reader folder.
- In the selection box, click to select Reader (eBook) Library and click the Open button.
- In the Performance Options window, click to the OK button.