IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
When trying to authorize the computer or the Reader™ Digital Book to the Reader Library software, you may get an error code such as 2027, 1106, 2029, 2999, 2020, 2056. Follow this procedure to resolve this issue.
- Make sure the firmware of the Reader digital book is current.
Downloads are posted on your model support page.
NOTE: The firmware (system software) version can be found in the About section of the Settings menu on your Reader Digital book. It will be in a format similar to the following: Version: 1.x.xx.xxxxx.
- Disconnect the Reader Digital Book from the computer.
- Download the firmware update.
- Run the update file .
IMPORTANT: Do not unplug the Reader Digital Book while it is updating.
- Close the Reader (eBook) Library software before running the update.
After doing the steps above, do the following:
- Connect the Reader Digital Book to the computer and turn it on.
- Open the Reader (eBook) Library software.
- If the error still occurs, proceed with the steps below:
- Install the Adobe® Digital Editions software. Use the installer at this Adobe Digital Edition Web site.
- Setup Assistant will be displayed in the Adobe Digital Editions program.
- Click the Authorize button and then the Finished button.
NOTE: You may be prompted to enter your Adobe ID and password. If you do not know your password or have questions regarding your Adobe ID, you can go to this Adobe ID Help Web site for more information.
- Reopen the Reader Library.