IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Before You Start
- Make sure that your device has the latest firmware update installed.
Make sure that you meet all playback requirements listed by the app provider. Below are links to some provider websites where you can find playback requirements:
The quality of the videos you stream on your device will depend on your internet speed. Internet video apps automatically choose the best video quality, based on the speed of your internet connection. The faster your internet connection, the higher the video quality.
When high definition (HD) videos don't play or automatically play in an SD format:
- Download the latest system software from the Network Update menu.
Note: System software updates can also be downloaded from our website with a computer. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
- Use a speed test tool on a computer to verify that your internet connection is at least 10 Mbps for HD video.
- If a wireless network connection is used, make sure you are close enough to your router to receive strong reception. Keep in mind that the use of cordless phones and microwave ovens can cause interference with wireless networks.
- To make sure you have a stable internet connection, use a wired (cable) connection from your device to your modem or router.
If the steps above don't resolve the issue, contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
- Steps to Install Firmware Updates on Your Blu-ray Disc Player
- Install the System Software Update on the A/V Receiver.
- Update My Android TV
- Where Can the Latest Sony Product Device Drivers or Software Updates Be Downloaded ?
- Software Update Required Message Appears when Trying to Access Any of the Internet Video Services