When attempting to launch the VAIO Care application, if you receive a VAIO Care has stopped working or Failed to start VAIO Care™ error message, the software has become corrupted and will need to be reinstalled. Follow this procedure to resolve the issue.
- If you receive the VAIO Care has stopped working error, click Close the program to clear the message.
- If you receive the Failed to start VAIO Care™ error, click OK to clear the message.
- Insert the Recovery Media Disk #1 into the CD\DVD\BD drive.
- In the Autoplay window, click Run Autorun.exe.
NOTE: If the Autoplay window fails to appear, click the Start button, click Computer, and then double-click the optical drive containing Recovery Media Disk #1.
- At the VAIO Care™ prompt, click OK.
- At the Do you want to upgrade VAIO Care™? prompt, click OK.
NOTE: Because the software is corrupt, the Recovery Media believes that VAIO Care is either missing or that the version it detects is an older version, and thus it prompts for an upgrade.
- The VAIO Care will begin to reinstall.
- Once the software installation procedure is compete, remove the Recovery Media Disk #1 and restart the computer.