The following procedure uses the Windows® 7 operating system support to set up the wireless printer, which provides basic printing functionality.
- For added functionality, including scanning or monitoring the printer ink, you may have to install software provided with the printer. Consult the user guide for the printer or visit the manufacturer's Web site for information about installing and using such software.
- The computer must be connected to the wireless network for this procedure to work properly.
- Verify that the printer is connected to your wireless access point or router .
- Click the Start button and then click Devices and Printers.
- In the Devices and Printers window, on the menu bar, click Add a printer.
- In the Add Printer window, click Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer.
- In the Select a printer window, click to select the name of your printer and then click the Next button.
- In the Install the printer driver window, click to select the appropriate driver and then click the Next button.
IMPORTANT: If your printer is not in the list or you are prompted for an installation disc, insert the driver CD for the printer or click the Have Disc button and browse to the location of the driver.
- In the Type a printer name window, next to Printer name, type a name of your choosing and then click the Next button.
- In the Printer Sharing window, click to select Share this printer so that others on your network can find and use it and then click the Next button.
- The wireless printer setup is now complete. Click the Print a test page button to verify the printer is working properly.