IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
- If the memory is formatted, all files will be deleted. Be sure to verify the files stored in memory prior to formatting and export necessary files to the hard disk of your computer or other device.
- Formatting is not available during playback.
- If the OPR lamp lights red due to low remaining battery power, the player cannot be formatted.
- The Content Transfer software included with the player also will be deleted. If necessary, download the Content Transfer software available online. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
- Unite the left and right parts to turn off the player.
- Separate the left and right parts.
- Press and hold the jog dial for about 15 seconds until the status lamp blinks quickly.
- Release the jog dial. The OPR lamp will light red.
- Rotate the jog dial within 30 seconds after the OPR lamp lights red. The status lamp will turn off.
- The OPR lamp lights alternately green and red each time you rotate the jog dial. Press the jog dial while the OPR lamp lights green.
- The OPR lamp blinks green quickly and formatting is executed. When the OPR lamp turns off, formatting is complete.
- If you press the jog dial while the OPR lamp lights red, or do not operate for more than 30 seconds in step 4, formatting is canceled.