IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
To resolve this issue, download and install the Intel® Wireless Display Software Update. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
NOTE: Not all computers have the Intel Wireless Display technology. To see if your computer has it, check the specifications. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
If the Wireless Display (WiDi) option is still not enabled or is grayed out in the settings box, follow this procedure.
- Click the Start button and then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, click Hardware and Sound.
- In the Hardware and Sound window, under Devices and Printers, click Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager window, double-click Network Adapters.
- Under Network Adapters, double-click Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport adapter.
- In the Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter Properties, click the Driver tab.
- On the Driver tab, click the Enable button, and then click OK.
- In the Device Manager window, click the X in the upper-right corner to close the window.