IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
If you need to reinstall the original software or drivers for any reason, such as for troubleshooting or because the software was removed, follow the procedure below using the VAIO Care™ version 6 software:
IMPORTANT: If you are reinstalling original drivers, after you have finished, check for updated drivers online. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
- Close all open programs.
- Do not interrupt the power during the installation process.
- Click the Start button and then click All Programs.
- In the All Programs menu, click the VAIO Care folder and then click VAIO Care.
NOTE: If prompted for an administrator password or a User Account Control prompt is displayed, type the appropriate password, or click Yes.
- In the VAIO Care window, in the left pane, click Recovery & restore.
- Under Recovery & Restore, click Recovery.
- In the Recovery window, click Reinstall Applications and Drivers.
- In the Reinstall Applications and Drivers window, click the Next button.
- In the Select applications and drivers to install window, click to check the box next to the applications and drivers you would like to reinstall and then click the Next button.
- In the Start Reinstallation window, click the Start button.
- Follow any on-screen instructions to complete the installation process for each application and driver selected.
- In the Reinstallation completed window, click the Restart Now button.
- In the VAIO Care window, click the OK button.
NOTE: After the computer restarts the installation process is complete.