You may receive this message when trying to open the VAIO Update software.
To resolve the issue, manually download and install the latest version of the VAIO Update software. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
If the update does not resolve the issue, use the following troubleshooting steps:
NOTE: Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, test the VAIO Update connection status after completing each step.
- Uninstall and reinstall the VAIO Update application.
IMPORTANT: For model-specific information about installing bundled applications, consult the operating instructions supplied with the computer. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Verify your Internet connection and try to run the VAIO Update software again.
- Verify your security software (Firewall, Anti-Virus, etc.) is configured properly to allow the VAIO Update software access to the Internet.
- Click the Start button, right-click VAIO Update, and then click Run as Administrator.
- Configure the VAIO Update software to run in compatibility mode:
- Click the Start button, right-click VAIO Update, and then click Properties.
- In the VAIO Update Properties window, click the Compatibility tab.
- On the Compatibility tab, in the Compatibility Mode section, click to place a check mark next to Run this program in compatibility mode for.
- Below Run this program in compatibility mode for, click the down arrow and then click to select Windows XP (Service Pack 2).
- Click the OK button.
NOTE: The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve your issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, restore the computer to an earlier time using the System Restore feature: