The following steps should correct this issue:
- Press the Reset button to reset the Reader™ Digital Book.
- Power on the Reader Digital Book.
- Quickly plug the Reader Digital Book into the computer (before it hangs again).
- Directly access the removable disk portion of the Reader Digital book and go to the following path: \database\cache\
NOTE: You can directly access the files on the Reader Digital Book through the Windows® Explorer interface on a PC or the Finder on an Apple® Macintosh® computer.
- Locate the following file: media.xml.
- Once you locate this file, rename it to: media.xml.bak.
- Disconnect the Reader Digital Book from the computer.