When using an A-mount lens and a lens mount adapter (LA-EA1 or LA-EA2), the SteadyShot® and Background Defocus control features are not available. Additionally, the AF Illuminator feature is disabled as well. Any shake or movement can be minimized by connecting the camera to a tripod.
- If using the LA-EA1 lens mount adapter with an NEX-3, NEX-5, or NEX-VG10, Auto Focus (AF) is disabled unless the latest firmware for the LA-EA1 is installed. The latest firmware is available online and enables AF capability. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
- The firmware update for the LA-EA1 is not necessary when the lens mount adapter is used with the NEX-5N, NEX-7, NEX-VG20 or newer NEX models. These models already have the necessary firmware for use with the LA-EA1.
- Not all cameras are equipped with the functions mentioned above. Refer to the instruction manual supplied with the product. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- AF is available only with SAM/SSM lenses.
- The AF speed takes approximately 2-7 seconds, which is slower than that of an E-mount lens.
- When recording movies, AF only works when the PHOTO button is pressed. Continuous AF does not work.
- Switch the focus to Manual Focus (MF) if you need to change the aperture.
- It is possible the AF sound may be recorded when recording movies. The sound can be reduced if a SAM lens is used or by connecting an external microphone with a 3.5 mm diameter mini plug and placing it away from the lens. Additional information to troubleshoot this issue is available.