IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
If the keypad remote control is unresponsive and does not work, follow the steps below to troubleshoot this issue.
IMPORTANT: If this is the first time you are trying to use the Internet TV device, first refer to the solution about the keypad remote control not turning on the power when first setting up the Internet TV device .
- Remove the batteries from the keypad remote control.
- While the batteries are out, press every button on the keypad remote control twice.
- Examine the keypad remote control to make sure no buttons are jammed.
- If possible, test the batteries to make sure both have a sufficient charge or replace the batteries with fresh ones.
- Reinsert the batteries into the keypad remote control, making sure to match the polarity with the + (PLUS) and - (MINUS) symbols on the battery compartment.
- Attempt to use the keypad remote control to turn on and operate the Internet TV device.
- If the Internet TV device still does not respond, perform the following steps to re-pair the keypad remote control with the Internet TV device:
- Turn on the Internet TV device.
- On the Internet TV device, press and hold the CONNECT button until the Pairing the Keypad screen appears.
- On the Internet TV Blu-ray Disc® Player, the CONNECT button is located on the front right.
- On the Internet TV, the CONNECT button is located on the left side.
- On the keypad remote control, press and hold the Fn+ENTER buttons at the same time, as shown on the Pairing the Keypad screen.
- When the Pairing the Keypad screen disappears, release the Fn+ENTER buttons.
If the keypad remote control is still unresponsive, visit our Contact Support page for additional support options.